- Written by Super User
- Category: Uncategorised
- Hits: 3451
UWG Earth Observation Day (EOD) / GIS Day Event
- October 10, 2017 (10:00am-2:00pm) at UWG
- Past event: November 16, 2016 (10:00am-3:00pm) at UWG
Things to do:
- Have some time to look around the satellite imagery that show land cover changes on the Earth. Choose the image that is most interesting to you.
- Vote on the image that is most interesting to you.
- Do the image matching game. Please show us the time taken to finish the game in order to be considered as a winner.
- Do the image puzzle game. Please show us the time taken to finish the game in order to be considered as a winner.
- Watch drone demonstration
- There will be two demonstrations at 11:00am and 1:00pm.
- Drone video example: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=AxxTXfguEXw
- We will use a random number generator app to choose three more lucky winners of the $20 Wolf Bucks, and the winners will be notified via email later.
Thank you for joining the 2016-7 EOD/GIS Day event!
Field Works on Water Quality in the Context of Remote Sensing
(In-situ measurements were performed when Landsat passes, making adjustments of Landsat thermal bands possible.)
Seven measurements were performed. Results are as follows (format: date in yyyymmdd, time in hhmmdd, latitude in ddmmss, longitude in dddmmss, temperature in Farenheit):
(1) 20161122, 103906, 302403N, 0885115W, 51.1;
(2) 20170105, 094214, 302046N, 0870907W, 57.7;
(3) 20170106, 094813, 300802N, 0854452W, 58.5;
(4) 20170218, 105755, 302003N, 0870836W, 60.8;
(5) 20170318, 101043, 301951N, 0871735W, 59.0;
(6) 20170420, 133415, 291535N, 0895657W, 74.5;
(7) 20170421, 074935, 301841N, 0891927W, 77.4;